Chelsea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ancelotti - No Blues signings
Ancelotti - No Blues signings EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:59 am by Admin

» Ancelotti - No Blues signings
Ancelotti - No Blues signings EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:58 am by Admin

» Birmingham 0 Chelsea 0
Ancelotti - No Blues signings EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:56 am by Admin

» Birmingham v Chelsea preview
Ancelotti - No Blues signings EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:38 am by Admin

» Ivanovic set for new deal
Ancelotti - No Blues signings EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:36 am by Admin

» Kalou wants England showdown
Ancelotti - No Blues signings EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:35 am by Admin

» Harry - Keane going nowhere
Ancelotti - No Blues signings EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:34 am by Admin

» Ancelotti hails personality
Ancelotti - No Blues signings EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:32 am by Admin

» West Ham 1-1 Chelsea
Ancelotti - No Blues signings EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 8:49 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Ancelotti - No Blues signings

Go down

Ancelotti - No Blues signings Empty Ancelotti - No Blues signings

Post  Admin Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:59 am

Carlo Ancelotti has vowed to 'run around naked in the snow' if Chelsea sign a new forward in the January transfer window.

The Premier League leading Blues are preparing for a tricky trip to Birmingham on Boxing Day lunchtime, but that has not stopped persistent transfer rumours.

Ancelotti has made no secret of the fact that he is an admirer of Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero and it has been reported that a deal has already been struck to bring the Argentine to Stamford Bridge.

With Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, John Obi Mikel and Salomon Kalou temporarily leaving Chelsea in the New Year for the African Nations Cup, it has been speculated that there will be a need to sign cover in order to maintain a title challenge.

But Blues manager Ancelotti has pledged to perform a festive dare if he buys a forward in the winter market, saying: "I'm telling the truth, absolutely.

"There's no way I will sign a new striker and will do a forfeit if I do. For sure, I would even run around naked in the snow, yes."

He added: "I have trust in (Fabio) Borini and (Daniel) Sturridge. We don't need to sign another. They will have an opportunity in January to show their quality.

Problem
"The only problem is that they are young. We have to have courage to play them as they have a lot of quality. It's right to put them on the pitch and give them an opportunity.

"It's not a gamble. It would be a gamble if they didn't have any quality. But now they have to show they do."

Ancelotti is pleased with the development of Sturridge after the former Manchester City player struggled following his summer arrival.

"Sturridge had a problem at the start of the season because he had some injuries and he lost physical condition," said Ancelotti. "But he's had a month working very hard and has improved his physical condition and confidence.

"He lost confidence because he came here, and for a young player it's not easy to stay in competition with Drogba, with (Nicolas) Anelka.

"It is normal to take time to settle into a new club. He played very well in that last game against West Ham and I'm sure he'll do very well in the future.

"He is very young, remember. He is English and can be a very good player for the future of Chelsea."

Admin
Admin

https://chelsea-fc.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down