Chelsea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ancelotti - No Blues signings
Ancelotti hails personality EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:59 am by Admin

» Ancelotti - No Blues signings
Ancelotti hails personality EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:58 am by Admin

» Birmingham 0 Chelsea 0
Ancelotti hails personality EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:56 am by Admin

» Birmingham v Chelsea preview
Ancelotti hails personality EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:38 am by Admin

» Ivanovic set for new deal
Ancelotti hails personality EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:36 am by Admin

» Kalou wants England showdown
Ancelotti hails personality EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:35 am by Admin

» Harry - Keane going nowhere
Ancelotti hails personality EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:34 am by Admin

» Ancelotti hails personality
Ancelotti hails personality EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:32 am by Admin

» West Ham 1-1 Chelsea
Ancelotti hails personality EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 8:49 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Ancelotti hails personality

Go down

Ancelotti hails personality Empty Ancelotti hails personality

Post  Admin Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:32 am

Carlo Ancelotti has hailed Chelsea's personality and identity since he took over the helm at Stamford Bridge.

The Italian is enjoying a successful first season in charge of the club, using his 'diamond' formation to guide the Blues to the top of the Premier League as well as into the knock-out phases of the UEFA Champions League.

But before becoming the boss this summer, he was also pursued by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich in 2008 following the UEFA Champions League final penalty shootout defeat to Manchester United in Moscow.

In his autobiography published in May this year, Ancelotti revealed that Abramovich had complained that Chelsea had no "personality" and that he "did not recognise them".

But Ancelotti believes he has given the side these attributes since he finally took over this year.

The Italian said: "I think that Chelsea have shown a new play in the last year, and shown personality and identity.

Particular system
"Sometimes we can play well. Sometimes we don't play such a good match. But every game Chelsea play with personality, with a particular system of play and, also, with a good identity.

"With Roman, I haven't spoken about this question. He will have his idea on his team."

Next up for the league leaders is a tricky Boxing Day trip to Birmingham, who have put together a nine-game unbeaten run in the top flight to sit in seventh place.

The Blues will have Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou available for the final time in the game before leaving for the African Cup of Nations.

But Ancelotti is still expecting a tough tie, saying: "Birmingham arrived from five consecutive victories and a draw.

"Above all, it's difficult to play up there. They put a lot of pressure on, and we'll have to pay attention."

Fulham clash
Following the trip to St Andrews, Ancelotti's side then face a home derby clash with Fulham, who are flying at present under canny boss Roy Hodgson.

The Cottagers beat Manchester United 3-0 at home last time and Ancelotti was not surprised by the scoreline.

He said: "I wasn't the only one surprised. They deserved to win, played very well and stayed compact for 90 minutes. To win 3-0 against United is not easy."

Ancelotti has great respect for Hodgson and knows he will face a tactical battle on Monday.

"I've known Roy a long time," added the Italian. "When I was assistant coach of Italy, I went to watch his training when he was coaching the national team in Switzerland.

"I stayed one week with him watching his training. He's very good putting his team in a good tactical position. They play 4-4-2, but he's a very good teacher of this system."

Admin
Admin

https://chelsea-fc.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum