Chelsea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ancelotti - No Blues signings
Harry - Keane going nowhere EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:59 am by Admin

» Ancelotti - No Blues signings
Harry - Keane going nowhere EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:58 am by Admin

» Birmingham 0 Chelsea 0
Harry - Keane going nowhere EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:56 am by Admin

» Birmingham v Chelsea preview
Harry - Keane going nowhere EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:38 am by Admin

» Ivanovic set for new deal
Harry - Keane going nowhere EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:36 am by Admin

» Kalou wants England showdown
Harry - Keane going nowhere EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:35 am by Admin

» Harry - Keane going nowhere
Harry - Keane going nowhere EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:34 am by Admin

» Ancelotti hails personality
Harry - Keane going nowhere EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:32 am by Admin

» West Ham 1-1 Chelsea
Harry - Keane going nowhere EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 8:49 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Harry - Keane going nowhere

Go down

Harry - Keane going nowhere Empty Harry - Keane going nowhere

Post  Admin Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:34 am

Keane: Going nowhere

Related links
Teams
Celtic
Manchester City
More teams +SunderlandTottenham Hotspur
Players
Craig Bellamy
Robbie Keane
More Players +Michael Dawson

Speculation has been mounting that the Republic of Ireland star could be on his way out of White Hart Lane next month after failing to command a regular starting place.

Transfer talk increased after Keane was said to have organised an unofficial Christmas party in Dublin which provoked Redknapp's anger.

But Redknapp says Keane remains vital to the club's plans as Spurs try to push for a UEFA Champions League berth this term.

The Spurs boss told Sky Sports News: "When he came here I said he was so important to this club.

Real lift
"When we brought him here it coincided with a terrific run that we had last year as well, when he came I think he gave the place a real lift on and off the field and he's been the same this year.

"He started the season great and he was in the team, Peter (Crouch) wasn't in the team.

"Robbie had a great start to the season and then it was difficult, Crouchie got three goals in the Carling Cup at Preston and I left him out on the Saturday and brought Robbie back in, I only rested Robbie for that game.

"Robbie came back with four goals against Burnley and Jermain Defoe got five goals in the game against Wigan, so they've all been in great form.

"Crouchie got two last week but Robbie came off the bench last week and had a big impact on the game and so he's really important to us."

Celtic are reportedly keen on the player, but asked for his message to the Hoops and other possible suitors, Redknapp said: "I don't want to sell Robbie. There's not too many Robbie Keane's about in the game with that enthusiasm, his knowledge and everything that he brings to the football club so he's certainly not a player that we would want to lose."

Michael Dawson has also been linked with Sunderland, but Redknapp insisted there was "not a chance" such a move would happen.

Great form
"Michael's been in great form, he is showing England form, the form he is in at the moment, he could well break into the England squad, for me he is playing that well, he has been absolutely fantastic," said the Spurs boss.

Redknapp has also been linked with a move for Manchester City's Craig Bellamy, who could have become unsettled after Mark Hughes was sacked.

But the Spurs boss believes the striker will stay at Eastlands, saying: "He is a good player, a good player but he belongs to Man City and I'm sure they wouldn't want to sell him.

"But I tried to bring him here before he went to Man City, I think he's an excellent player I really do.

"But I'm sure that Man City wouldn't want to be losing Craig Bellamy so I wouldn't see that one happening."

Asked if he would attempt to enquire about Bellamy, though, Redknapp joked: "It's like asking me if I'm interested in Wayne Rooney - course I'm interested, I love Wayne Rooney but I'm not going to get him am I so it's not going to happen I wouldn't think."

Admin
Admin

https://chelsea-fc.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum